Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Back from Outdoor School!



I am back everybody!

Outdoor School fall session is officially full of amazing people but you can still get in on this awesome chance!

During the Spring people can sign-up again to try to be outdoor school leaders! Lots of fun people don't miss out on this kind of action!

Last week September 29th- October 4th at the Howard Camp Site and it was loads of fun. I was never able to go to Outdoor School as an 6th grader but if I would've I would have gone to the Howard site. This week we had children from the school Jackson, Woodlawn, East Sylvan, and Clear Creek middle school. All of the students that we had were amazing bright children. I had the pleasure of meeting all of them and I was also chosen as an honorable Student Leader, so I got to help out with the ceremonial tree planting and say why I chose to come to Outdoor School.

Being at Outdoor School has enlightened my entire life and touched my heart. This place is the place at the end of the winding road, and it helps people find out what kind of person they want to be. I want other people to have the same kind of experience I had the pleasure of being apart of, sadly for me this last week I had might end up being my last but I still feel like Outdoor School is something that needs to be fought for. Last year the people of Outdoor School had put in a bond in order to get fundings so that students will be able to get full weeks, but the bond was not past. We did get some fundings but not enough for students to actually have an full week at this amazing place. We need YOUR help to fund Outdoor School, here in Oregon you can send a letter to you legislature to help Outdoor School out. Don't be afraid and just do it! It will help us out in the long run.

Peace out!

-KT Olsen

No comments:

Post a Comment